Ethics, Policy, & Compliance
Now more than ever, UNC Charlotte operates in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Countless federal, state, and local agencies govern and monitor our activities as an institution through myriad laws and regulations. The consequences for violating rules are often severe and can have incredibly harmful repercussions for the University.
In response to today’s regulatory climate – and because it’s the right thing to do – the Board of Trustees authorized the establishment of a University Ethics, Policy, and Compliance Program. This program is designed to promote and support an academic and working environment that reflects the University’s commitment to maintaining the highest level of integrity and ethical standards in the conduct of its operations.
Our culture is defined by our values and principles. University Policy 804, Standards of Ethical Conduct, is the cornerstone of the way we operate as a University. These standards set forth our expectations and serve as a guide for handling ethical and compliance situations day in and day out and address:
- Fair Dealing
- Individual Responsibility and Accountability
- Respect for Others
- Compliance with Applicable Laws, University Policies and Procedures, and Other Forms of Guidance
- Conflicts of Interest or Commitment
- Ethical Conduct of Research
- Records: Confidentiality/Privacy and Access
- Internal Controls
- Use of University Resources
- Financial Reporting
- Reporting Violations and Protection from Retaliation
For more information, visit compliance.charlotte.edu